Wishlist CDpedia 2013

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Wishlist CDpedia 2013

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi there,

is there a wishlist for CDpedia 2013 available?
If not I would like to start one:

It would be great if I could place a list with all avaiable Records of an artists.
Then I would like to mark all cd's I own. If the colour would change - fantastic. :D
1973 Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
1973 The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
1975 Born to Run
1978 Darkness on the Edge of Town
1980 The River
1982 Nebraska
1984 Born in the U.S.A.
1987 Tunnel of Love
1992 Human Touch
1992 Lucky Town
1995 The Ghost of Tom Joad
2002 The Rising
2005 Devils & Dust

2006 We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
2007 Magic
2009 Working on a Dream
2010 The Promise
2012 Wrecking Ball
I always know what CD is missing in my collection. If there would be a possibility of an automatic mark for the artist - that would save a lot of time.

CUsoon Highway
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Wishlist CDpedia 2013

Post by Lost Highway »

Another nice thing would be if iCloud would be part of the next version of CDpedia and DVDpedia.
I'm using a laptop and an iMac, but I'm not interested in using "Airdrop" everytime
after changing some datas. :wink:

CUsoon Highway
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the suggestion about marking entries with colors.

Regarding iCloud: it is a very big mess when it comes to complex data like the Pedias and does not work well at all. We are hoping Apple will fix the bugs for a future release of iOS. But as it stands iCloud is unpredictable and can lead to users losing all their data and having no way to regain it. There is no way for a user to look into iCloud and find their files when things go wrong. iCloud is great for little snippets of data like what stocks you're following, but not for Core Data. If you want more information about the technical details, here is a good article.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Headlines!

I think that another godd idea could be to have the posibility to integrate Headlines on the title page.
The reason behind that wish is, for example, the ULTRA CD/DVD from Depeche Mode.
You have a mix of normal tracks, hidden tracks, dvd films, live extras etc etc.
You can read all this informations an the backside of the CD, but I would like to integrate this informations on CDpedia too.
By the way : The software wouldn't count a headline as a title-number anymore.

Only an idea - but I hope you like it :D :D

CUsoon Highway
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Nora,

are there any news about an update version of cdpedia 2014 available?

I would like to have some more of the "own squares" - Eigene Kästchen.
Would that be possible? That would be really great.

CU Highway
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

No news yet for extra "Eigene Kästchen", still heavily working on Pocketpedia and Doghouse.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Conor,

thank you for your very quick answer.

Maybe you can give me a helping hand a second time: What is pocketmedia?
I've tried to find out via the search field, but I didn't get a real good information.

Enjoy your weekend
Highway
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Pocketpedia is our iOS version of our applications. It's so you can sync your information from CDpedia to your iPhone or iPad (Pocketpedia is universal and will work on both devices). Lets you browse, search, add and rate items on the go and then sync that information back. Most users use it to double check what items they want or are in their wish list when out. The next version will have full editing so it will be able to stand alone, but will always be a companion to the Pedias. Sadly due to the App Store rules, there is no demo option so you could try it out before downloading.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Does Pocketpedia works with an imac and an aplle laptop too? That would be really great.
But as far as I remember Nora told me a long time ago that that doesn't work.
Please tell me that I'm wrong :)

CU Highway
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Lost Highway wrote:Does Pocketpedia works with an imac and an aplle laptop too?
Conor wrote:Pocketpedia is our iOS version of our applications. It's so you can sync your information from CDpedia to your iPhone or iPad (Pocketpedia is universal and will work on both devices). Lets you browse, search, add and rate items on the go and then sync that information back. Most users use it to double check what items they want or are in their wish list when out. The next version will have full editing so it will be able to stand alone, but will always be a companion to the Pedias.
Pocketpedia can only be installed on an iPhone and iPad. At the moment you must manually sync these iDevices with your master pedia's data bases which are on your iMac or laptop.

If you are running the 'master' pedia's on an iMac and a Laptop then you would have to have your data base's on a server.
This is from the pedia help files under the section; CONFIGURATION - The Database:
Sharing a database
To share a DVDpedia library between two or more computers, move the DVDpedia data folder to a location where all computers have access to it, like a public folder or a shared hard drive. The move works the same for all users as described in the section above.
Due to the complexities of the pedia's and the constrictions of iCloud, automatic sync'ing across all Apple products and devices, iMac's, Laptops, & iDevices, it is not possible at present. This Nora has already explained above.

Hope this clarifies matters for you.

Cheers
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi FineWine,
thanks for your information.
Enjoy your weekend.
CU Highway
music_not_rap
Contributor
Contributor

Post by music_not_rap »

I'd like to see a way for CDPedia to ignore "The" when it comes various artist compilations in the "Tracks" section. When I want to see the artist listing in alpha order, CDPedia will sort them as though the "t" in "The" is part of the name. I've had to delete "The" with every band name that has it so CDPedia will sort them according to the second word in the band's name, which looks kind of lame. For example, if I have a compilation that has these artists and want to see the list in alpha order, CDPedia will sort them like this:

Aztec Camera
Bad Company
Foghat
Midnight Oil
R.E.M.
The Beatles
The Clash
The Fall
The Jam
The Replacements
The Seekers
Ultravox

I'd love for it to sort, ignoring "The", like this:

Aztec Camera
Bad Company
The Beatles
The Clash
The Fall
Foghat
The Jam
Midnight Oil
R.E.M.
The Replacements
The Seekers
Ultravox

Can this kind of smart sortation be implemented for CDPedia? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Although we ignore articles for artist in the album level we were not doing it at track level. I have updated the CDpedia beta version to also ignore articles at artist track level. Artist and composer will have the ability to be flipped to last name sorting by holding down the option key when clicking on the column name, just like the album level counterpart sorting does.
music_not_rap
Contributor
Contributor

Post by music_not_rap »

The beta works great - thank you!