lost Mobygames search on Gamepedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
DucaStrige

lost Mobygames search on Gamepedia

Post by DucaStrige »

Hi everyone, I just bought the wonderful Gamepedia a few days ago, and I need to say that is a very brilliant app, simple to use, complete and very good looking. Unfortunately, after only two days one of my favourite features has ceased to work. I'm talking about the powerful Mobygames search, now always empty. I suppose this has something to do with the recent Mobygames's website complete restyling. I was really delighted by the possibility of being able to add any game with just few clicks, but now... No way to find Mass Effect Trilogy, Dead Space Severed, no informations about DLC. I'm going to add many games manually! Anyway, I would like to ask if there's something to do, or if Mobygames URL on the Pedia will be updated in the future. Thanks in advance!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: lost Mobygames search on Gamepedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting us know, the search site has been updated and it's now included in the beta version. Once we get the apps approved by Apple for the App Store will release an official version 5.1.7 including the fix, should be in a few days.
DucaStrige

Post by DucaStrige »

Great! I can use the beta until the official fix will be released? I mean, using the beta might cause some conflict with my 5.1.6 pedia? And I will be able to update to 5.1.7. normally?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

There's no conflict. You can use the beta until 5.1.7 is released.
DucaStrige

Post by DucaStrige »

Probably you have already noticed, but Mobygames search is not working again, because they've switched back to the old website. Please let me know when this will be fixed, thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. Fixed in the beta version, will be in the next official release.