Sync Problems

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ratagan

Sync Problems

Post by Ratagan »

Every time I try to sync from CDpedia to Pocketpedia on my iPad & my iPhone I get the error message "Pedia Not Found. Please launch or restart the Pedia program on your Mac". Both CDpedia and Pocketpedia are fully updated as is iOS & Mac OS. I have 1311 entries on Pocketpedia and 1321 in CDpedia. I have been using Pocketpedia with not problems since it was released. The problem started about 15-20 days ago, just before iOS7 was released. While trouble shooting I deleted the app from my iPad (thinking it might be a corrupt preference or cache) then reinstalled Pocketpedia. Now I have a empty Pocketpedia that still does not sync. I have tried fully powering down both the iPad & iPhone but that made no difference. I also tried the "hold down the option key...." trick but that made no difference
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sync Problems

Post by Nora »

Have you tried creating a network directly on your Mac and connecting the iPad to that? You can do this hrough the Airport menu (at the very top of your screen, the little quarter pie that shows the strength of your signal). Select "Create Network", name the network whatever you like and then go into the Settings app on your mobile device and connect to that same network. Then try the sync again.
Ratagan

Re: Sync Problems

Post by Ratagan »

I had reinitialize my airport base station (it was in storage, I was using a different router), then set up a new network. But in the end it work!!