New Details Template for DVDpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Conor
Top Dog

New Details Template for DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia user Robin has written two nifty new details templates for DVDpedia with all sorts of useful additions like links to external sites (trailers, Wikipedia, IMDb, etc.), the cover image of the movie and an option to display head shots for the credits. Download the Flatdesign templates from our Extras page.
MOTIVHIMMEL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: New Details Template for DVDpedia

Post by MOTIVHIMMEL »

Some instructions will following soon in this posting here...
It's just a placeholder for the moment ;-)
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

OK, just in case you got here from the ReadMe as myself: You find every information and download link in the extras (for a link check out the first post).

Anyway, in case you are searching for the place to store the portraits in (like I did), I'll quote the passage from that page concerning this issue:
Place the images into the "profile" folder located in InfoTemplates in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/. If you don't see the ~/Library/ folder in your Home folder you can use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the Option key and the Library folder will appear.
MOTIVHIMMEL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by MOTIVHIMMEL »

Thanks for grabbing this part :-)

Sorry for the long delay around the informations :-( I'm still there and still available to help, if anyone need one.

Anyway... Around the tip to open the profile folder I can ad one more little hint. You can reach the profile image folder directly over the theme over a little quick-link. You will found a little dot on the top left side over the first profile image (or placeholder). Let me show you that link in this screenshot...

Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi, master of the template. :)
I just added Ron Howards movie "Rush" to my library and found out that neither Daniel Brühl nor Chris Hemsworth already have character shots. Of course I could just add them to our own profiles folder, but is there any location in the web where we can contribute new shots or one that is regularly updated? There will always be rising stars that need to be added. :wink:
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Do please put the new images in a new folder to preserve them for the future when we can have some kind of online repository. We have talked about build something were users can share those images as well but nothing concrete. Not sure if Motivhimmel has another alternative for easy sharing in the meantime.