Cannot find library after update to DVDpedia 5.2

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
LenCars

Cannot find library after update to DVDpedia 5.2

Post by LenCars »

Well, the topic pretty much says it all. Just updated to 5.2 on Sunday and now the app cannot find my collection of approx 275 discs.

Seems like I had this problem years ago with another update and had to move a file from one library folder to another (maybe).

Anybody else seeing this, and how can I fix this?

Thanks,

Len C.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Cannot find library after update to DVDpedia 5.2

Post by Conor »

Hi Len,

Sorry to hear the update did not go smoothly. There should be no issue with your data after an update as it's kept in a separate folder. Do check on your data folder. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Under Lion you must use the Finder menu "Go -> Go To..." command and enter "~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia" to open the folder. Once there select the Database.dvdpd and check on the size and modification date. It should be about 1 megabyte with 275 movies. Then you can double click the "Database.dvdpd" in order to launch DVDpedia with that Database selected. If you have moved the folder in the past do check other possible locations, or do a spotlight search for "Database.dvdpd".

Kind regards,
Conor
LenCars

Re: Cannot find library after update to DVDpedia 5.2

Post by LenCars »

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately the file in my library was a mere 86k - my library seems to have disappeared.

I did recover it, however, by restoring it from a Time Machine backup. It now shows up as it should.

Hopefully mine was a freak occurrence,if not we now have another answer to rearing the lost file.

Thanks again,

Len C.