Pocketpedia only?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Star Keziah

Pocketpedia only?

Post by Star Keziah »

I was curious as to whether I could just buy the Pocketpedia app without having purchased any of the desktop apps. My main interest is having the collection on my iPod touch, as it would be much easier to enter all the data onto it (I've got a large DVD and game collection, and my desktop computer is on another floor of my house, so registering everything would be kind of a pain). Is it feasible to just register everything into Pocketpedia through Doghouse? Or is the app structured more to be based off the Pedia apps?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia only?

Post by Conor »

You can indeed just purchase Pocketpedia and enter everything from there. iTunes will backup your data, but if you have a Mac I would recommend also syncing as a backup to the free demo version. The sync is not limited in the demo version just adding and editing. Once you sync to a Mac the covers are no longer backed up by iTunes to save space on your Mac as they are already in the Pedias. Should you never sync with a pedia then all your data gets backed up to iTunes. The pedia is also useful for creating smart collections and for mass edits across many entries (such as labeling location) but for the latter you would need to buy the Pedia app.
Star Keziah

Re: Pocketpedia only?

Post by Star Keziah »

Thank you for your response—that's exactly what I needed to know! :]