HAPPY BIRTHDAY & THANKS

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
FineWine
Site Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & THANKS

Post by FineWine »

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Thanks to Bruji for the best set of cataloguing programs out there (including the MS Windoz world).

Prior to seeing the light and moving to the Temple of Apple I had tried several cataloguing programs and had just settled on Collectorz when I changed over to the gospel according to Jobs'. Even then I started out on a trial version of Delicious Library which I was not very happy with but was willing to give it a go. BUT then I came across the 'Pedia's' which funny enough I had learnt about as they had been mentioned in either the Collectorz or Delicious forums (maybe both).

So I download DVDpedia and ran it along side Delicious Library. DVDpedia won me over with its simple and easy to use interface of; adding, viewing and editing. But I really fell in love with it when I found its search abilities. I then became besotted with them when I discovered you could write your own 'Details View Templates' and printout templates in HTML and CSS and for the daring do's out there you can even write your own search plugin's (which as I discovered was a bit beyond my programming skills). So I purchased the Bookpedia and DVDpedia and later the pocketpedia for iPhone and iPad.

Whilst Delicious Library was trying to be all things to everybody, the pedia's do five things (Book, CD, DVD, Game & Pocket pedia's) exceptional well and with excellence. But could they top this, of course they could.

I belong to quite a few computer forums. I have even dabbled in writing a Firefox Extension which was accepted around the Fx20 era but for which I have just withdrawn due to severe compatibility issues with the up and coming Fx29. So I now just stick to beta testing Fx Extensions for Mac OS Fx by other coders who are more able than I in this area of programming. Now the point I am trying to make here is that with all these forums the Bruji one stands out by a long way in its; promptness of replies but more importantly in its promptness in fixing bugs and posting the program updates. After near on 30 years this I have found to be exceptional in the world of computer programs.

Well Done, Thanks and Happy Birthday to; Conor, Nora, Alex and the whole team for 10 years of excellence.

Here is to the next 10 years.

:D Cheers and hip hip hooray :D