CDpedia with vinyl and other formats

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
wakajawaka

CDpedia with vinyl and other formats

Post by wakajawaka »

I have lot of music that spans many different formats from CD, vinyl, cassette, digital downloads, and even 8-track tape. I was wondering how CDpedia would manage all the different formats,is there a category for format?

I have been looking for a great music database program for the Mac but have so far been disappointed, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Scott
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia with vinyl and other formats

Post by Nora »

CDpedia does have a field for format, yes. (Appropriately called "Format".) If you haven't done so yet, do download the demo version of CDpedia and try it out. It's fully functional and let's you add up to 25 entries before asking for a serial number.
wakajawaka

Post by wakajawaka »

Thanks for the quick reply, just one more question, (and I will try the demo), how does the program handle albums that are on multiple formats, I have many albums that are on different formats and different releases on the same format that I would like to distinguish the differences.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

CDpedia is meant to handle each album separately, i.e. if you have "The Wall" on CD and vinyl, that would be two separate entries. But if you'd prefer to keep them as the same entry you could use one of the custom fields to record 'additional formats' or something like that so you know that you have more than one copy of the album, but fails to take into account different tracks or ordering of tracks. (Also in the statistics additional formats would not be counted, in case that's important to you.)
wakajawaka

Post by wakajawaka »

Thank you so much for the great information in replies. I downloaded the trial version and found it to be EXACTLY what I have been looking for. I have now bought the full version and have been easily and happily putting my music collection in a nice and easy to use database.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you're enjoying CDpedia!