Bookpedia: Dragging covers doesn't work anymore (4.6.8)

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Bookpedia: Dragging covers doesn't work anymore (4.6.8)

Post by Eric »

I'm still using Bookpedia 4.6.8 on OS X.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I hadn't input any books for maybe six months or a year, and now I'm trying to put in a few. Several must have covers manually scanned and added. It used to work, IIRC, to just drag the cover .jpg / .png file from Finder onto the new book entry and the cover "stuck". Now I just never get the + symbol and the covers don't attach. I must be doing something incorrectly that I used to do rightly! Any idea what that might be? I've tried both when the book is in edit mode and after it's aready been saved (added). When it's already added (with no book cover) the lower left has field with "Drag book cover here," but it doesn't accept a cover when I drag it. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia: Dragging covers doesn't work anymore (4.6.8)

Post by Conor »

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the details. As you can imagine nothing has changed with the old version or in your case with your system. So there is no reason that it should have stopped working. Did the format of the scanned covers change? Do they have an appropriate .jpg extension? You can also try copy/paste as a different way to do it, if the drag is not registering. Copy the image and then in edit window select the image, with a mouse click, so it's highlighted in blue and do paste from under the edit menu.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Bookpedia: Dragging covers doesn't work anymore (4.6.8)

Post by Eric »

Thank you, Conor, for the answer. Weird indeed. I kept trying and trying all I could think of. Finally I shut off the computer and then restarted from cold, and it now works! I don't think it was just my error, but who knows? I think I had tried the copy-paste, too, but, IIRC, it didn't work, either. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks!