New Web Site

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: New Web Site

Post by Alex »

Hello, yes, the iPhone menu was a conscious decision. If I'd left the Forum link at top it breaks the menu into 2 rows so I removed it and left the bottom link in the footer. I honestly didn't think many people would be using the forum on the iPhone.

I can see the submenus properly on my iphone so I'm a bit baffled why you get the old ones.

These forums don't tend to have mobile versions of their styles, it's really tough to do properly. Like I said, I don't think a lot of people will be visiting the forum on the iphone so taking the time and effort to build iPhone-only styles is not really justified. Having said that, of course they should at least be visible and work proplery.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing weird submenus on their phones. Please let me know here.

Thanks.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

OK I can understand the reasoning behind the iPhone menus. I was really only testing it. I read all my forums over breakfast on my iPad and then use my desktop for any replies. As for the other intermittent bug, that seems to have cleared up. During the day I cleared caches etc and rebooted several times and everything seems to be working now. I am finding that iOS7.* is rather slow on my iPhone4 and crashes and such clear mysteriously after several reboots. To paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke there will always be "Ghosts in the Machine".

Thanks for all your hard work on the new web site.

Cheers
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

iOS 7 was a dog on my iPhone 4, really slowed it down. The latest update 7.1 has helped somewhat but I'm afraid this iOS version is more for the newer devices. Still, we survive with it :) and I do much prefer the new look to the old one.

Oh, and than you for all the hard work testing, etc. Let me know if you spot any other weirdness and I shall deal with it.

Cheers
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thx Alex.

More ideas

If you select a sub menu from within 'Mark' ("Subforums as Read' & "Topics as Read') and there are no results/actions to perform, it brings up the 'Page does not exist' would it not be better to return us to the main 'Board Index' page if there is a null result from these two sub menus.

Cheers
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

I just logged in today for the first time in a while. All new. My initial Feedback is to say that I could not find the "View New Posts" or "View Active Posts", which is what I always used to click on when I got here. I even read this thread and went back somewhere and clicked in the Search box looking for said submenus and didn't see anything (I figured it was because I use an old Browser).

Then I saw the OTHER Search menu.

If that Menu were called "View" I probably would have been good to go. But to be honest I think those 'view' commands ought to be laid out across the top of the Forums like they used to be rather than hidden ... Up There!

<rant>"Minimalist aesthetic"</rant>
<HULK_SMASH>Jony Ive</HULK_SMASH>