Rating vs. My Rating

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Rating vs. My Rating

Post by Waldbaer »

While I'm adding my media to the pedias, I often ask myself: why are there two fields for the rating, "Rating" (normal field) and "My Rating" (the one with the stars). How are they intended to be used and how do you use them (I myself just ignore the normal field at the moment)?

And how do the fields correspond for the doghouse database?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Rating vs. My Rating

Post by Conor »

My Rating is like the iTunes stars; for you to give anything from 0 stars to 5 (half stars as well with double click).

The "Rating" field is the movie audience rating. The Germany Rating would be: FSK 0, FSK 6...

Also the Doghouse keeps locale information separately, rating is one of them along with, release date, region, price and video format are kept per country of submission.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Ah OK, I was even suspecting that the "rating" field was to display e.g. imdb's rating or something like that...

Well, I'm mostly using CDpedia at the moment and there "rating" is not so obvious. In addition, the better translation in this case for the German version would be "Altersbeschränkung" (as in DVDpedia, not "Wertung"), if you really mean that. Other ways there will probably be more German users who don't understand it (like me). :wink:
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In CDpedia it does make less sense. Thank you for the adapted translation.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

I'm pretty sure that the "rating" thing is still not clear, since at least the DVDpedia has three hardcoded fields. In German they are called "Wertung", "Meine Wertung" and "Altersbeschränkung". The last two of them are clear now, but in the first one, e.g. IMDB just inserts its average rating and the result is also shown in the online database for the Movies (I think "My Rating" would be much more interesting there, and also not only for the movies but for all categories).
How is that supposed to be used?