Can you import Discogs collection to Pocketpedia?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
williaty
Inductee
Inductee

Can you import Discogs collection to Pocketpedia?

Post by williaty »

I'm interested in cataloging my CD and record collections just so that I can look on my phone to see if I already own an album when I'm digging through the bins at the store. Because of that, I'm looking at Pocketpedia only. However, I already have a large amount of my collection entered on Discogs in their My Collection feature. Can Pocketpedia directly import that data so I don't have to re-enter all of it?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Can you import Discogs collection to Pocketpedia?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for considering Pocketpedia.

Pocketpedia has no connection to DiscoGS, so it would not be able to import it. CDpedia does have a DiscoGS plugin but not the ability to connect with your personal listing for download. If you have an export of catalog numbers from your listing you could add that to the add multiple in CDpedia and limit to DiscoGS and it would go and gather all the albums based on this unique ID. We do want to add more integration with DiscoGS but are waiting for their API to settle down as they are currently developing it and adding new features.

If DiscoGS lets you do a full export in text format you could then import this file into the demo version of CDpedia and sync it over to Pocketpedia. The demo version of CDpedia won't let you edit the data after 25 albums but it will let you sync it all over to Pocketpedia for edit on the iPhone.