Trouble Migrating Pedias To New Computer

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
felixemartinez

Trouble Migrating Pedias To New Computer

Post by felixemartinez »

Just bought a new Macbook Pro running 10.9.4. I have DVDPedia and CDPedia on a venerable Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.8 (b/c of legacy audio/video hardware and software).

Both pedias on the old Mac Pro appear to be stuck at 5.3 as the latest 5.3.1 update does not get past "installing update." Nonetheless, I exported the data from both libraries (over 1,400 for DVDpedia, about 1,000 for CDpedia), brought them over into the newer 5.3.1 pedias in the new MacBook Pro - while it appears that data is importing, the libraries are still blank when the process completes.

I've also tried manually dragging the pedia libraries into my Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/ as stated at http://www.bruji.com/help/dvdpedia/addi ... rting.html and restarting the apps.

Libraries are still blank.

What am I doing wrong?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Trouble Migrating Pedias To New Computer

Post by Conor »

Copying the data folder from ~/Library/Application Support would be the ideal way. Once the copy is complete the data would be identical. Do double click the "Database.dvdpd" file inside the data folder after copying to verify that this is where the Pedia is reading the information from.

If that fails maybe the preference are set incorrectly on the new computer and there no column being displayed? Try going to "View -> Columns" and adding a few columns or switching to cover view to verify that there is no data. Does the bottom of the window say 0 Albums?

Congratulations on the new Mac. You will be shocked by the time saved not waiting for Apps to launch, using such a faster CPU.
felixemartinez

Post by felixemartinez »

[DELETED - DISREGARD]

Double-clicking on the dbase files in the library worked. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Excellent.