(DVD)pedia custom shortcuts

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

(DVD)pedia custom shortcuts

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi,
in DVDpedia, I use the "last seen..." list quite often so I wanted to add a shortcut to it (e.g. cmd+enter) using the system preferences>keyboard>shortcuts, but I don't get it to work. Somehow the system preferences seem to forget the new shortcut as soon as I quit them.
Do you have any idea what is happening there? Is it even possible to assign custom shortcuts to the pedias using this way in general?
Thanks for your answers in advance!
Waldbaer
Conor
Top Dog

Re: (DVD)pedia custom shortcuts

Post by Conor »

Works like a charm here. Even between restarts of the program. Do try a different shortcut that is more unique, one based on a letter. Could be an issue that it's matching it to something else, such as when the editing field is active. Also the elipsis at the end is not three dots but "command-semi colon". Not sure if that would make a difference for the Mac finding the menu command. Otherwise let me know and I will test it German as it could be a localization bug that Apple has with this feature. You could try the english name "Last Seen History…".
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

It seems to be an apple bug: I have a small internal SSD and a hard disk and I copy everything on the hard disk that I don't need necessarily on the SSD and that way, I just left an alias on the SSD in the applications folder. I pointed the system preferences to the original, but it nevertheless preferred the alias in the applications folder. However, it never saved the shortcuts.
I now just copied the DVDpedia application to replace the alias (it's not that big anyway and the library is on the HDD) and it works great for me, too. BTW, at least apple says, the difference between three dots and opt+; is important, but since neither of them worked, I tried to ask for help here.

It works only with the locale version "Zuletzt gesehen…", "Last Seen History..." does NOT work. And it works also for the version on the HDD now. I did not test this for other apps, but I suppose that's some kind of general problem in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks...
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That some good debugging. I would not have thought to mention any of that. I do keep all apps on the SSD and only large data on the external drive. Less now with a new nifty mini drive I got for my birthday from Nora, just added 128 more megs to my internal storage (although quite slow).