feature request - summaries

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
guauguau

feature request - summaries

Post by guauguau »

hi, i would like to add something to the wishlist.. the ability to combine summaries from all the different sources (wikipedia, imdb, tmdb, etc).. i find summary search very useful and if we can get more well, the more the merrier.. many thanks for a very helpful app
Conor
Top Dog

Re: feature request - summaries

Post by Conor »

That is a new one, thank you. I have added it to the explore list of expanding the summary. In the meantime do consider adding any of those sources as links to each movie, so that you can at least be a click away from the original source. Although as you mentioned you won't be able to leverage the search internally of the info then.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

I never thought of asking for this as a request. I've always linked to infos/summaries I want to keep track of. And I do that a lot! I consider it one of the coolest things about the app. I also simply copy some from different sources and paste them into the summary field. I have on occasion wished I could have links in the summary field, but no big deal. It's like each of my film titles is a web page of its own, all gathered together in this glorious app.

Hey, I was going to add ... couple all that with a Fancypants Export and wow, but I noticed it's not listed on the Templates page any more. Is it built in now? Or should I cling to this code buried in my Library Folder for dear life?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's been a possibility to add rich text to the summary field, but then it makes it a hassle to search. We would have to keep two versions, one to display and one to search internally. Do keep in mind after copying some summaries, you can drag and drop the current web page onto the details view, so that you will at least also have a link to the original in the links area of the movie.

Fancy Index is so awesome, it's been updated (no outwards changes, just modernized in the inside) and included with the program, so no user needs to download it.

Another one that is super awesome is the Gamepedia Viewer, I want to bring it to other Pedias, but it's a lot more complicated/advnaced as it's reading the database directly of Dropbox and hence never needs updating.