Email Borrower

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
zanuski

Email Borrower

Post by zanuski »

I have enable email via system preferences but once back in the program I select the borrower and go to Book>Email Borrower and nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Email Borrower

Post by Conor »

When selecting a borrower for the book it has to be selected from the pop down list of borrowers that are linked to your address book. Might be that did not allow Bookpedia access to your contacts and hence it does not have this information.

Please visit your "System Preferences" and select the "Security and Privacy" option, then the "Privacy" tab. On the left side bar select "Contacts" and make sure that Bookpedia is checked in the application list of the apps that have access. If not, do check it and restart Bookpedia. Then return the book and borrow it out again and you will be able to select the borrower from the pop up or fill out automatic as you type. With this Bookpedia will be able to match the name to an email address.

If that is not the case could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from Bookpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Do this right after trying to send emails, so that you have some new messages from Bookpedia. Some computers have a lot in the logs, so yo can filter the log for Bookpedia on the top right of that Console application.

Kind regards,
Conor