Migrate from Delicious Library 3

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sarpal

Migrate from Delicious Library 3

Post by sarpal »

Hi,
Without going over the current issues with Delicious Library, I want to migrate my DL v3 library but having read the How-to and Help all I can see is how to migrate from v2 & v1.5. A simple export just errors when trying to import - would someone please give me the step by step approach because am clearly a numpty. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Migrate from Delicious Library 3

Post by Conor »

Thank you for giving Pedias a test and considering them.

We don't have a dedicated import for DL3. What you need to do is select "File ->Export to -> Library 1 file" in DL3. Then drag the created XML in the folder over the Pedia to import the data.

The import creates an excluded collection, so that you can review it and use "Movie -> Update from -> Doghouse/Amazon" to add more data that might be missing in the import. After that you can use "File -> Include Collection in Library" to move al the items into your main library and remove the collection.

Do run the importer against the beta version of our program, as I have made some fixes to the import. If Bookpedia, CDpedia or Gamepedia, change the name part on the link to the appropriate program.

A user recently reported an issue with the latest version of DL3 screwing up the director field and adding all the cast members into that. If that is still the case, let me know and we can look at how to address that issue from DL.

Kind regards,
Conor
sarpal

Post by sarpal »

Hi Conor,
Thanks for the process steps, unfortunately I fell over at the "drag the created XML..." with the following error; "The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk."
BTW I have bought DVDpedia and I have exported as .csv - clunky, but did get all of my dvds in. Now I'm just updating each one!!! Which is the best source for UK dvds?
Thanks again
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Great to have you on board. I'll take a look at the import for other new user migrating, it's likely that they changed the format of a field. You get that message when one of the fields is not the data it expects. If you still have the XML around don't hesitate to send it to me via email, as it might be something very specific to your database in DL.