DVD UK details

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sarpal

DVD UK details

Post by sarpal »

Hi, when adding a DVD using iSight the barcode is recognised and I can see that the various resources are scanned for the details. However, every one that I have tried to date has not returned any details so I have to add everything manually. I assume that this is because I am in the UK using UK DVDs and the sources are not UK? Would someone kindly confirm my suspicions and tell me how to capture UK DVDs - entering by had is tedious and frustrating :shock:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVD UK details

Post by Conor »

Make sure to enable Amazon UK, so that you can get a source of UK barcodes. You can sign up for the associate program and web services and then add them the preference or follow these instructions to enable Amazon. Then do visit the DVDpedia -> Preferences -> Sites menu and make sure to drag "Amazon UK" to the top, so that it's the first site searches and you waste less time waiting for the results.
sarpal

Re: DVD UK details

Post by sarpal »

Brilliant! simple! perfect! I'm almost glad that DL had failed as it's forced me to find DVDpedia. It's certainly been worth the effort, thanks again.