Gamepedia: more custom fields

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Gamepedia: more custom fields

Post by genji2000 »

Hello. Is there any way for me to add more custom tag fields and custom checkbox fields? I've had a look at the RealTitles.strings file but that just seems to be for naming the fields, not increasing the number available.
Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Gamepedia: more custom fields

Post by Conor »

You can enable some off the off fields in the Preferences -> Fields, but you can not add new ones. They are hardcoded into the database for speed and smart collections. I am looking at adding more for a future version or expanding the program so that they can be added dynamically. I do know the checkbox style is loved, but you can use some of the regular custom fields almost like a checkbox in the meantime to get by.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Thanks for your reply, Conor. I'm using standard text fields as Yes/No fields but it's the tag fields that are the most useful, e.g. for finding other games made by the same personnel or with the same engine, as we can with Developer or Genre.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for correcting me, I updated my to do list to reflect that also more tag fields are necessary.