pedia 6 database and 5.7

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
lucg2
Contributor
Contributor

pedia 6 database and 5.7

Post by lucg2 »

A little question : Is it possible to use pedia 6 database from a macmini osx 10.12 in an older 5.7 pedia in my older imac snow leopard ?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: pedia 6 database and 5.7

Post by Conor »

Yes. Currently version 5.7 and 6.0 share the same database. Will likely be like that for a while longer. I will make it clear in the upgrade when the database will not be compatible, so that you can pause updating on 10.12.
lucg2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lucg2 »

thank you it's now clear for me. :D
Best regards.
Luc
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi Conor and Pedia-users,
is this still true? I'm still on 5.6.1 because we have an old mac running besides our DVD-Collection and it would be great to continue being able look things up from there (a newer mac is often not at hand there). Adding things to the library gets more and more tedious, though, because the APIs become more and more incompatible... so I'd like to use the current version for adding things, but look them up using the old one. Will this work?

Thanks for the information!
Waldbaer

PS: I tried CDpedia 6.1 and 5.6.1 and it seemed to work. Main Question is DVDpedia, though.

EDIT: OK, I tried and DVDpedia 6.1 and 5.6.1 seem to be compatible as well. I'll report back if I encounter any problems and am happy to use the current pedia versions again from now on. So please, Conor, don't forget to mention in the update messages when this compatibility gets broken! :wink: