Best Practices for DVDPedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
kennedyrt
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Best Practices for DVDPedia

Post by kennedyrt »

I have a two questions regarding best practices for DVDPedia.

(1) Is the Subtitle field being used to add more information to the title than just the title or is it to indicate that the film has subtitles?

(2) In the Price field, should the amount be preceded by a currently indicator (e.g., $, €, £, ¥, etc.)?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Best Practices for DVDPedia

Post by FineWine »

kennedyrt wrote:(1) Is the Subtitle field being used to add more information to the title than just the title or is it to indicate that the film has subtitles?
It is used to indicate that the film has subtitles and what they are and you can populate it with any number of languages. It is also classed as an Autofill field which can be edited in: DVDpedia > Preferences > Autofill > Languages. That field is also automatically populated by search plug-ins so unadvisable that you use it for anything else.
kennedyrt wrote:(2) In the Price field, should the amount be preceded by a currently indicator (e.g., $, €, £, ¥, etc.)?
That is entirely up to you. But for currency nomenclature aesthetics and grammatical accuracy I would. I have asked in the past, if possible, that these currency fields be populated by the OS default currency prefix automatically when you click in the field but still make it editable for times you buy an item outside of your own currency.