Import Word Document

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
ECHOES
Inductee
Inductee

Import Word Document

Post by ECHOES »

Hello.
I want to import my archive to DVD Pedia.It's format is (.doc.) which is Word document.
How I can do it?
I will be glad if anyone reply me soon.
Thanks...
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Import Word Document

Post by FineWine »

Hi and Welcome to these forums and the wonderful world of the Bruji pedia's.

Is your .doc file in a table format? If it is then you need to Export from Microsoft Word and Import it into Microsoft Excel and convert it to an Excel spreadsheet. If it is not in a table format you can still import it into Excel it just means more work to put it into a table/spreadsheet layout.

Convert Microsoft Word Table into Excel Spreadsheet

In setting up your Excel spreadsheet just make sure you include a header row containing the titles of the columns, this becomes important when setting up the importation in DVDpedia and also avoid the first line of the database getting lost during import. When you are satisfied with the new Excel Spreadsheet, you then need to export it as a tab or comma delimited (CSV) format. My preference would be CSV.

Have a read of this DVDpedia help file: Importing entries

TIP: I would do a trial run of only 12 entries. So ensure you have a master copy of your Word .doc file as well as your Excel file and then make a copy of those files to work on - safety first. Just import from Word 12 entries into Excel and then arrange in Excel and then export them as a CSV file to the Desktop. Now trail run the importation into DVDpedia. When you are happy with the layout and comfortable with the importation process go ahead with the entire .doc collection. BUT I would only do it in stages of say a hundred at a time, depending upon the size of your collection.

Hope this helps you :D