ThreeViews HTML Template: latest Version?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
drumtalk

ThreeViews HTML Template: latest Version?

Post by drumtalk »

Playing around with the 'ThreeViews' template I noticed, that the layout of the 'Sample Template' seems to be slightly different from the downloadable one. Especially the page index feature in http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~tome-in/filme/index.html is very nice. Anyone any idea where or how to get that version of 'ThreeViews'?

Thanks
Frank
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: ThreeViews HTML Template: latest Version?

Post by TheMatador »

hi,
I'm the developer of the ThreeViews HTML Template. Unfortunately, I was not able to implement the nice sliding effect with the tabs into the template. At the moment I have to manualy modify the exported collection and I have to add some <div> tags, so that the plugin knows when a new tab begins. You can look at the sourcecode on my demonstration website, to see how it's done. Additionally you can have a look at the "slidingtabs" developer website http://creativepony.com/journal/scripts/sliding-tabs/. There is a tutorial how to do create this effect. The implementation of the sliding effect depends on the number of movies and how many you want to display on each tab.
regards
torsten
drumtalk

Post by drumtalk »

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for taking the time. I took a quick look at the source of your site. As I'm not "der HTML Programmierer vor dem Herrn" let me see if I get it correct:

You build a div named 'panes', beneath a div named 'contents'. In there the <div></div> construct per page. (18 items for the sample) So here is the problem: We cannot really put this into the "repeat contructors" of dvdpedia, can we?

So you export the whole collection to one page and modify that to your needs.

But there may be a way to get this modification done by (perl) script. As I see it, it is possible to put the non-recurring definitions for the sliding tabs into the template. So the 'only' thing left for the script would be to take care of the 'recurring section', that is, encapsulating 'n' items with <div></div> constructors. And of course the 'buttons' div has to be changed.

Am I following the right path or is this all rubbish?

best regards
Frank
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by TheMatador »

I uploaded my current version of the ThreeViews HTML Template here: http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~tome-in/ ... ewsEN.html. Save this file as ThreeViewsEN.html and put it into your template folder (Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates). Now, when you export your movies, choose this template, and you only have to add </div><div> after every 18th movie. You also have to adapt the buttons <li> element to match your number of pages. Sorry, but at the moment I can't help much more ... I ust have no time because of my masterthesis.
Good Luck.

Torsten