PocketPedia Update

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
rabber

PocketPedia Update

Post by rabber »

Any idea on when the new version of PocketPedia will make its way to the App Store? I do not want to rush you along, but there are all kinds of new features that would be really helpful and I would like to know when they will be ready. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia Update

Post by Conor »

We should be ready with the update by the end of the month. When it will be available for download on the App Store is harder to say. If everything goes well during the beta testing then look for it in mid April.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

Great!

Could you provide some information in advance (new features?)
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

Great tip, Nora!

Are you already preparing/sending out the beta-releases? I've sent my UIUD to Conor, and will be visiting a record-collector fair this Sunday, which might be a good occasion to beta-test the new version :)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The beta isn't quite ready for sending out yet but we're working on it to get there asap.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This is our first time doing ad-hoc distribution, we are still testing the beta with friends and family first to find out how it all works and setting it up correctly before sending it out.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

No problem, I'll be patient. Good luck on testing!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It why the next version will take some extensive testing as it has two way sync, and this can be tricky with so many possibilities.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:… the next version will take some extensive testing as it has two way sync
Ideally for me two-way synching could be limited to specific (possibly only excluded?) collections. For example, I might want to add items to a relatively small collection in Pocketpedia while browsing DVDs at a video store or kiosk, sync only that collection, then decide whether or not to merge items from it into my main DVDpedia library. I'd rather all other collections only be sync'd in the DVDpedia-to-Pocketpedia direction to make sure any unintentional mobile changes to them don't overwrite the desktop master. In other words, I'd prefer all but maybe a couple collections be treated as read-only in Pocketpedia. But maybe I can do that just by being careful not to edit them there.
felixemartinez

Post by felixemartinez »

Another feature that would be very welcome in the next update to PocketPedia would be to be able to search tracklistings - i.e. search for a particular song on a CD, etc. from within an imported CDpedia database in PocketPedia. Also, it would be great to search for actors in a DVDpedia import, since you can already search directors in PocketPedia. Forgive me if this has already been discussed and suggested.

Cheers,
Felix
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We are working on a full search option for the next version.
SuperTricolor
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SuperTricolor »

I'm really looking forward to the next PocketPedia. I own DVD and CDpedia and what I miss the most is the ability to tell which fields I want exported to the iPhone. I have a large collection of CDs (3000+) and DVD (700+) and I have extra fields for my own control (custom fields) and without these on my iPhone is hard to find what I have.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Pocketpedia already syncs all the fields over from the desktop Pedias, including the custom fields. Is this not the case for you? (There's no option yet in Pocketpedia to search all fields but this will come with the next version update.)
DrPaul
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by DrPaul »

Will this update work with 3.0 (7A312g) ? The current version keeps crashing when synching.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Version 3.0 of the iPhone OS is still in beta. For Pocketpedia there is really no point in testing with Apple's beta software because they change it A LOT.

We are waiting for the final release of the 3.0 OS so we can test the application properly.

Cheers.