manual?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
jefferyn
Contributor
Contributor

manual?

Post by jefferyn »

greetings,

am really impressed with the programs... i bought dvd, cd, and book pedias last month after trying them for a day... been mostly playing with dvdpedia so far...

most things in the programs seem fairly intuitive... but i was looking thru the help for info about some of the fields, and didn't seem to find much info... is there a PDF manual for the programs?

at the moments, i'm trying to figure out what the "collection ID" field is used for. it remains blank with everything i've added.

i was wondering if there's a way to make a group of movies, possibly with "collection id"? i have a fair number of DVDs that are a series, for example, star trek 1, star trek 2, etc... for music, i have a lot of compilation CDs, like "Funky Alternatives" Vol 1 thru 9, Excursions In Ambience series, Feed Your Head series, etc...

i curious if there's a way to make a link between the dvds or CDs that are a seires in the database... i don't think i'm explaining my self too well...

anyway, thanks for any suggestions...
Nora
Site Admin

Re: manual?

Post by Nora »

There's no PDF available for the programs but we're working on a building up a knowledge base and also improving the Help files.

The Collection ID field is for users' personal identification number/letter for a movie. Since many users have their own system, the program doesn't automatically fill in the information for you. But if you'd like that to happen, select all your entries, go into the Edit menu > Incremental Collection ID and assign it a way of entering the collection ID (for example "1" or "A"). Then check the option to increment new additions automatically so that the program will assign a new ID to each new entry. Press 'Apply to Selection' and all your selected entries will receive a collection ID.

To learn more about linking entries to each other or linking files/URLs to entries, take a look at this How To page.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:…, take a look at this How To page.
FYI: There don't appear to be any direct links to its parent page, currently just a file listing, which makes it easy to overlook the useful articles there.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The how-to pages all come from the support page. But thanks for pointing out that inconsistency.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:The how-to pages all come from the support page.
D'oh! Forgot I've referred to 'em from there and didn't notice 'em when briefly glancing at the support page before posting. :oops:
But thanks for pointing out that inconsistency.
Thanks for clearing out my blind spot, again.