Snow Leopard compatibility?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Snow Leopard compatibility?

Post by Ted »

Any issues for the Pedias -- can I go ahead and upgrade to Snow Leopard?

You might want to submit the Pedia's compatibility status here:
http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/
It was mentioned in Pogue's Snow Leopard review today.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Snow Leopard compatibility?

Post by Nora »

The Pedias are fully compatible with Snow Leopard. Thanks for the mention of the wikidot.com site, will have a look at adding the Pedias to that.
JackManly
Inductee
Inductee

Post by JackManly »

I've found that Front Row will not launch if the dvdpediafrontrow plug-in is installed. No bounce and crash not blink nothing I opened the console and found where the thing is installed you have to go into system/library/coreservices/front row.app open the package and go to contents/plugins, from there delete DVDpediafrappiliance, then Contents/MacOS/DVDpedia. Drag them to the trash, your password will be needed. Don't be alarmed, Front Row will launch the instant those components go to the trash. It not only messed with Front Row but after installing it I could no longer get to Force Quit with either the mouse or keystroke, nor could i use any of the commands or mouse clicks to shutdown, restart, logout, or sleep. Those really messed with my head. I am very strongly considering going back to Leopard, I only have one Intel MAC on my home network and putting Snow Leopard on it has messed with all the other machines, screen sharing is dead even between Leopard only MACs although file sharing is still working fine. If you own QuickTime Pro you will be lost for a bit because QuickTime X only has 3 Save As options. The trick is that Apple forgot to tell us that licensed QuickTime Pro gets moved to the Utilities folder with all the previous functionality, mostly, it no longer open WMF, MKV, and a host of others.
Rant over.
Good Luck
Jack
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The front row plug-in is built by Para9, and will be updated with the new AppleTV software coming soon, you can read more about it on this thread.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Between not being able to find anywhere, any mention of Ruby/Rails/OCI8 Snow Leopard compatibility or lack thereof and now the news that both the Front Row plugin and Screen Sharing is broken across releases, it might be the first time I ever hold off on an Mac OS X upgrade (since the Public Beta!) -- usually I do the night of release. Now, first the time I mail ordered to get $9.95 deal for recent Mac buyers, and it hasn't even arrived yet, but when it does show up, I will be sitting on it, no matter how eager I am for native Exchange support.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Not to mention the new decimal megabyte counting (1000) instead of the standard binary version of (1024) that you find everywhere else minus on hard drive marketing material.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Para9 has just released an update their Front Row Plug-in, now with Snow Leopard and Apple TV 2.4 support. You can download the update from our Extras page or the Para9.com website.