Need some help on Template editing!

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Need some help on Template editing!

Post by Ricki »

I am adjusting the template dfmetalbox. However I have two problems:
1- The Title of my collection "Bibliothek" is displayed with a small "b" at the beginning. I’d like to change the B to a capital letter but can not figure out how to do that. I have very limited html knowledge :oops:
2- I would like to add other categories to be displayed, e.g the Producer or the Film format but cannot not figure out the name of those fields in English. I know how and where to edit those as I succeeded in adding the Directors Name, which now properly displays as "Regisseur" in German. So is there somewhere a list of available fields and the naming convention?
Thank you for any support on this.
Ricki
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Need some help on Template editing!

Post by Nora »

For tips on template editing, including a list of all the tags used in the templates, take a look at these pages: Tags and Creating Templates.

The name of the collection depends on whatever your Library is called in DVDpedia (in that left hand column where all your collections appears) so make sure that 'Bibliothek' is capitalized there.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

Nora wrote: The name of the collection depends on whatever your Library is called in DVDpedia (in that left hand column where all your collections appears) so make sure that 'Bibliothek' is capitalized there.
well, the thing ist that it is capitalized there :roll: , any ideas what else I can do? Danke :wink:
Ricki
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

I’d like to change the B to a capital letter but can not figure out how to do that
You can do so by changing the 'CSS' stylesheet, or adding an inline-style to your html;
For example, if the title of the collection is in a 'H1' tag (<h1>title</h1>) in the template, add this;

Code: Select all

<h1 style='text-transform: capitalize;'>title</h1>
This will convert the first letter of each word to uppercase.

For more information on CSS, look here;
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_text_text-transform.asp
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

Thank you all for your help. With a little more reading and trying together with your hints I was able to modify my favourite template as desired.
BTW DVDpedia Rocks also when compared to DVD Profiler, which I used previously under WinXP.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The smaller lowercase is specific to that template. The original author used the method The Jeztah describes. If you look inside the images folder for the dfmetalbox template it contains an style.css file that has the following attribute:

Code: Select all

h1 {
       text-transform: lowercase;
}
If you remove the text-transform line it would go back to the original setting.

Glad you are enjoying DVDpedia. Thank you for the kind words. DVD Profiler does have a few tricks that we hope to imitate.