iPhone Remote Support for DVDPedia Full Screen Mode?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

iPhone Remote Support for DVDPedia Full Screen Mode?

Post by Ted »

Do any of the iPhone/iPod Touch remotes out there support DVDPedia in fullscreen mode? If. not, would it be possible to cooperate with one of the remote's programmers and implement it?

Yes, I use Para9's fantastic Front Row plugin, but there are advantages to be playing DVDs directly with the DVDPlayer vs. Front Row. The biggest one is the incremental zoom feature for non-anamorphic DVDs, which is only accessible through DVDPlayer.

Ted
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iPhone Remote Support for DVDPedia Full Screen Mode?

Post by Conor »

Users integrate with Sailing Clicker and Sofa Control by sending keyboard commands to DVDpedia to control it. There is no reason you wouldn't be able to do this with iPhone/iPod Touch remotes that support sending keyboard commands to running programs. A combination of arrow keys, enter and control-p (play) is what you would be the commands you would be interested in.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Sure, but it is a real pain sending keyboard commands from a keyboard screen instead of using the arrow keys on a remote screen.
pgueneau
Inductee
Inductee

Post by pgueneau »

Hello,

i am using DVDPedia Fullscreen Mode on a MacMini to browse my DVD collection and play them.

Before trying to use an iPod touch as a remote, I have done tests with Remote Buddy which is working quite well and has an iPhone support using a web based frontend.

I am now trying to setup "Snatch" Iphone App. It has a complete keyboard/mouse emulation, you just have to define remote buttons that will launch mac apps or send keystroke to your Mac. There is no Applescript support.

Patrick.