PocketPedia Update

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: PocketPedia Update

Post by sjk »

Those questions have already been answered starting: here
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere: Any chances of adding barcode scanning to a future PocketPedia version? I'm sure you've seen the RedLaser iPhone app, and on the iPhone 3GS it works remarkably well.

Second suggestion -- iPhone remote for DVDPedia in full screen mode.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Those are definitely features we'd be interested in adding in the future. Right now we're just waiting for Pocketpedia2 to be cleared for release and once that's happened, we'll start thinking about cool features we could add. :)
filgood13

Post by filgood13 »

Hello, it is possible to know when the New Pocket Pedia 2 for iPhone will available ??
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

Hello, it is possible to know when the New Pocket Pedia 2 for iPhone will available ??
The App has been sent to Apple for review, so it now all depends on Apple's approval...
filgood13

Post by filgood13 »

Thanks for your answer, I hope that apple will quickly approve ;)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Pocketpedia2 is now in the App Store.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Ted wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere: Any chances of adding barcode scanning to a future PocketPedia version? I'm sure you've seen the RedLaser iPhone app, and on the iPhone 3GS it works remarkably well.

That would be AWESOME! I could use the iPhone to scan in new books instead of tethering my Modified CueCat to my laptop. Sync that back to the desktop & wallah!
filgood13

Post by filgood13 »

O great news ;)

But I'm disappointed, now the application works only with Mac, there is no more a possibility as on the first one of looked for by films, im going to have to wait 1 or 2 months before receiving my iMac and being able to serve me as it...

Thank you all :wink: and sorry for my english ;)
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

teacher24_70 wrote:
Ted wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere: Any chances of adding barcode scanning to a future PocketPedia version? I'm sure you've seen the RedLaser iPhone app, and on the iPhone 3GS it works remarkably well.

That would be AWESOME! I could use the iPhone to scan in new books instead of tethering my Modified CueCat to my laptop. Sync that back to the desktop & wallah!
In the mean time, you can use RedLaser with the *Pedias -- it can generate an email containing all UPCs you've scanned, you can send it to yourself and then copy/paste into the *Pedias. I've started doing that instead of plugging in the :CueCat.

For extra credit, Bruji can automate that process and set up a script to scape the UPCs from the RedLaser emails. :cool:
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Ted wrote:For extra credit, Bruji can automate that process and set up a script to scrape the UPCs from the RedLaser emails. :cool:
Actually now that I look at it this should be very easy -- RedLaser attaches to the email a file called raw-barcodes.txt containing exactly that.