New IMDB problem

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
MikeB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

New IMDB problem

Post by MikeB »

When adding new films, I now get a nonsense 8 or 9 digit number for the duration field. For example, adding "Saving Private Ryan", I got "92026640" as the duration. This happened on two different machines.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: New IMDB problem

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. Download DVDpedia again and the plug-in will be fixed.
MikeB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by MikeB »

Thank you for the quick response and solution. There are a couple of other things about data from Imdb that I wonder could be better. For example, Sound downloads the audio format of the DVD. However, this information is then repeated in the Language field. (Some films have only the sound format in the Language field, but, I assume, these are from a earlier version.) I almost always have to delete the sound information from the language field.

Also, when I download information about television series, there is usually much information missing. So, for example, I used this page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0731945/ The result lacks the name of the episode (next to the series title), Theatrical, Original Air Date, Country, Sound, Languages, among other things. Is there anything that could be done about this?

Thanks for all your help and good work.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details and the URL. I'll take a look at TV series and try to fix it for those as well in the next version, including adding information to custom fields that are names after the attributes like "Episode" or "Series".
MikeB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by MikeB »

Thanks, Conor, that is great news. I look forward to that new version!