Unified Templates

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Unified Templates

Post by marumari »

One of the biggest issues I run into when working on FancyIndex is, whenever I make a change to one template, I have to replicate to three other different files so that that it doesn't get out of sync.

It would be great if I could consolidate everything down into a single template.

If we could add a tag like:

<!--IFBookpedia ENDBookpedia-->
<!--IFDVDpedia ENDDVDpedia-->

Or some other form, since comments aren't nestable, like so:
<bookpedia> </bookpedia>, or <bruji:bookpedia> </bruji:bookpedia> or <ifbookpedia> </ifbookpedia> or something like that. Might be a good system for when you update the whole template system, too, since tags like that are fully nestable.

And so on, I could consolidate everything down to a single template folder. That would be very handy, and save me (and other people, I imagine) a ton of time when developing templates for all four programs.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Unified Templates

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion, I will definitely look into it for a mayor release. I like the idea of a Bruji namespace, I'll have to sit down and read more about namespaces and the best way to arrange it to make it clean, intuitive and documented.