Individual names in Director´s field (DvdPedia)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Individual names in Director´s field (DvdPedia)

Post by judocama »

Is posible put individual names in Director´s field because are there films whith multi director (example shorts films)?
And also I will like individual fields for actors the same that genre by the example.
Thanks in advance.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Individual names in Director´s field (DvdPedia)

Post by kbarnes70 »

carpanta wrote:Is posible put individual names in Director´s field because are there films whith multi director (example shorts films)?
And also I will like individual fields for actors the same that genre by the example.
Thanks in advance.
In the Edit Pane you can put any name you like in the Director field. Just type in whatever you want to see there. Same with Actors - you can add any name you like to the credits from the Edit Pane, Credits tab.

[Later...] Reading your post again, I think what you are asking for in the Credits is something that is similar to the Genre field or the Tags field, where each name is in a 'bubble'? Is that correct? Why do you want that? You can add anything you like into the Credits fields right now and they will show up in the Credits section of your Info View. I think I am not fully understanding what you are asking.

Kind regards,

Keith
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

I think the best thing is that each director was in a bubble because, for example when there are two directors in the same film takes it as one.
You find when an actor for example, if I put in search "Michael Jackson" for example, results in me and many "Michael" and many "Jackson"
It would be interesting to be a little more defined when you put your full name

Thanks in advance.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

carpanta wrote:I think the best thing is that each director was in a bubble because, for example when there are two directors in the same film takes it as one.
You find when an actor for example, if I put in search "Michael Jackson" for example, results in me and many "Michael" and many "Jackson"
It would be interesting to be a little more defined when you put your full name

Thanks in advance.

If you put quotation marks (" ") around the search term it will only return results with that exact term in them. So if you search for Michael Jackson you will, as you say, get all the records with Michael and Jackson in them. But if you search for "MIchael Jackson" you will only get the records that contain the name Michael Jackson.

Kind regards,

Keith
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We're planning on making the Director field multi-value (i.e. 'add bubbles') in the future. But in the meantime, Keith hit it right on the head with using quotation marks for the search to let the program know that you're only interested in results that match your exact search terms.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:We're planning on making the Director field multi-value (i.e. 'add bubbles') in the future.
Neat.