iSight Issues and Swap in 4.6.0

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
twblackadder
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

iSight Issues and Swap in 4.6.0

Post by twblackadder »

Just update 4.6.0 CD/BOOK/DVDpedia in my MBP(15" unibody, OSX 10.5.8, with 24" Apple Cinema Display). Nevertheless, the iSight faults begin, especially in the display iSight. The built-in iSight worked excellent in previous 4.5.5 version.

The chosen iSight in the external display, eg in CDpedia, always has difficult to scan barcode in adding entries. As there is the scanning issue using the display iSight in CDpedia, I then choose the built-in iSight in DVDpedia and Bookpedia. Strangely enough, the built-in iSight works in DVDpedia as usual, but in Bookpedia the built-in iSight appear in total black and does not work anymore. I try to quit CDpedia but the iSight issue remains in Bookpedia.

How can I swap between the external display and the internal built-in iSight?

By the way, there is no red-lines in scanning box in using both display and built-in iSight. Is this normal?
Last edited by twblackadder on Wed May 12, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
twblackadder
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: iSight Issues and Swap in 4.6.0

Post by twblackadder »

After downloading the beta 27 for Bookpedia, the built-in iSight works now.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Excellent news, thank you for all the information. If you would still like to switch cameras in the future hold down the control key while clicking on iSight. (This tip will make it into our help file for the next release).
twblackadder
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by twblackadder »

Thanks the reply.

So can the function of switching iSight work now in CDpedia? I tried the suggested tip to switch iSight but failed still.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If more than one camera are detect then control key and the isight button should already present you with a choice. If this is not the case try removing the stored preference for a specific camera with the following command in the Terminal program:

Code: Select all

defaults delete com.bruji.cdpedia "iSight ID"