Export to JPEG or PDF (temp iPad solution)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FungManHin
Contributor
Contributor

Export to JPEG or PDF (temp iPad solution)

Post by FungManHin »

is there anyway to add the ability to export to a jpeg or pdf file?

as a temporary solution to having an our collections on the iPad....maybe we could export our collection in jpeg or pdf format. both those formats are easily read on the iPad and can make use of the iPad's interface. then all we would have to do is export the entire collection into jpeg and sync it up under the photo section of our ipad.
FungManHin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Export to JPEG or PDF (temp iPad solution)

Post by FungManHin »

i forgot to mention that this was for DVDPedia, but could work with the other as well i guess. :)
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Wouldn't something like this fit the bill:

http://bruji.com/articles/2010/02/01/ge ... cketpedia/
FungManHin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FungManHin »

ah thank you very much....didnt see that before. is it possible to edit the template to do one movie per page?
FungManHin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FungManHin »

after i messed around with it a bit...that's not the best option for me. Evernote only lets you have a monthly upload usage of 40mb.

i think i may go with what i originally planned. scan all my dvd/bluray covers and just have them in the photo library on my ipad. it will take forever to do it but i think that's the best bet, for me anyway, to show my collection on my ipad without having to have an internet connection.

thanks for the suggestion tho.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There are some other iPad apps that allow PDFs that have more generous free limits. We personally use Dropbox with 2 gigabytes free space. For the images via iPhoto you can include the "Covers" folder in your data folder into iPhoto (located in your home folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers).
shaneosan

Post by shaneosan »

wow... the PDF export worked great. I saved a couple of different versions of my 400+ book collection (ThickList and Covers)... and simply dragged/dropped them into iTunes using the functionality of the CloudReaders app. Worked like a charm and took me all of about 30 seconds to do...

Now if there is a PDF reader out there with a "find" function... I will be all smiles.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the information about CloudReaders. We use Evernote and Dropbox but will try out CloudReaders as well.