DVDpedia on Apple TV

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
rwm59
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia on Apple TV

Post by rwm59 »

hello folks,
I has an apple TV about 6 month and I am very satisfed; I put it on Boxee beta so I can see very fine all the fiction I record from the satellite and which are orgnized into a properly extarernal hd attached in usb to my iMac 27";
(all the files are in .avi)

I have some question for you; I should like to have andother dvdpedia library for my fictions tv series and I hope I can build it, isn't so? Ok.
I have Dvdpedia for my original dvd collection ( 700) and is a very very fine apps, I thinks.

Now; how I can use dvdpedia to launch the .avi episode from my apple tv? - Or How I can Use DVD pedia from my apple TV ? - is possible this to do?
I am not a sw expert so I can't do any action with unix command..

I've tried to use Mac dvdon demand but something don't work..

For better explain : I has a IMac 27 , connected in wifi through airport extreme; In the living room I got a sony 52 bravia connected with Apple TV; more I got an airpot express to my hifi;
Sorry if my explanation is bad but my english is a disaster..
thanks
Riccardo
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia on Apple TV

Post by Conor »

Hi Ricardo,

You can start a new DVDpedia database by moving the data folder at (~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia) to a new location while DVDpedia is not running. When you launch DVDpedia again it will create a brand new data folder that is empty. You can then switch between the folders by holding down the option key at launch and selecting the folder or Database.pediadata file inside. It even more important to make backups of your folders on a regular basis as having two data folders adds complexity and you might confuse one and move it or change it.

For the Apple TV you need to use the plug-in for DVDpedia from Para9.com. Although installing the plug-in on the Apple TV will be complicated as it's not officially supported, so it does involve a few Unix commands. It's all detailed on their website, hope it's not to daunting.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Para9.com website not accessible, any can tell me where i can gather information to have dvdpedia working with apple tv?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Samu, we plan on having a solution for your soon but only for the latest generation Apple TV 3. That supports officials apps.