Bookpedia - Book Conditions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Colleen08

Bookpedia - Book Conditions

Post by Colleen08 »

I have a large database of mostly paperback books and although I do not intend to sell any at this point I would like a better way to describe their condition. Currently in the book info section under the selling tab there is a box where you can describe the condition of each book or drop down and select an option that you have already entered for a previous book. Since all the books are damaged in various ways this tends to make the drop down menu very long. Is there any way the you could make a list of common book damages (yellowed pages, writing, missing pages, slanted spines, broken bindings) that we could possibly check off for each book thus eliminating the drop down menu altogether? I could possibly use the custom fields but I already have several in use and would not have enough left for all the various book conditions. Thanks! Colleen
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia - Book Conditions

Post by Conor »

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for the feedback. If you are not yet using the tags field try describing the specific condition of the books in the tags, as this would be exactly the type of autofill that you are looking for (as you type the different separate options will come up).
Colleen08

Post by Colleen08 »

Thanks I'll try that.

Colleen
Alexôme
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alexôme »

The tags field? Humans invented language, not tags, to be specific, like this:
First Edition 1982 (stated) Random hardback. Near fine blue cloth cover, excellent dustjacket, some edgewear and chipping, tight binding, bright pages, no markings, slight tarnishing on edges, no remainder.
The subject field and the notes field allow free-flowing text over multiple lines — for a good reason. I would much prefer the same type of condition field to describe a book's condition.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback on the condition field. If you are not yet using the comments field it would be a good place for this information in the current version, since it's also free-flowing as the subjects field.