DVD Pedia: Freeze pane, checkbox and real "custom"

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Morphy

DVD Pedia: Freeze pane, checkbox and real "custom"

Post by Morphy »

Hi.
I have been thinking about "moving" my DVD catalogue from my own personal created Excel project, to DVD-Pedia. The isight feature really makes thing easier, and the ability to go in and manually change the details, keeps the personal touch I am used to from the excel style.
But, there are still some major lacks that keep me from fully enjoying the software:

1. One should be able to "freeze pane" the Titles in "list mode", so that even when scrolling sideways through endless of info-columns, one could easily keep track of which films are listed downwards.

2. Why isn't there a simple checkbox for "movie seen"? There are possibilities to enter the exact date of "last seen" or "Play count", but nothing for the simple overview of movies that have been seen, and movies yet to be viewed.

3. I really like sub-genres. If Horror is the main genre, I would like to add "Zombie" or "Vampire" as a Sub genre. But there are no coulmns named "sub-genre" in DVD Pedia. So I figure "Custom 1, 2, 3..." are made for these purposes. But howcome we cannot manually change the name of the columns. So that "Custom 1" could be named Sub Genre and Custom 2 could be something completely else, as for instance "Girlfriend friendly yes/no" :P (This could also solve problem 2, as one of the customs can be turned into "seen? y/n")
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVD Pedia: Freeze pane, checkbox and real "custom"

Post by sjk »

Morphy wrote:One should be able to "freeze pane" the Titles in "list mode", so that even when scrolling sideways through endless of info-columns, one could easily keep track of which films are listed downwards.
Excellent suggestion.
Why isn't there a simple checkbox for "movie seen"? There are possibilities to enter the exact date of "last seen" or "Play count", but nothing for the simple overview of movies that have been seen, and movies yet to be viewed.
There's Edit > Mark As > Seen Today (Shift-Command-T) and other Seen… variants with shortcuts.
So I figure "Custom 1, 2, 3..." are made for these purposes. But howcome we cannot manually change the name of the columns. So that "Custom 1" could be named Sub Genre and Custom 2 could be something completely else, as for instance "Girlfriend friendly yes/no" :P
Not sure I understand. Modified Custom field titles under Preferences > General appear with the custom titles under View > Columns, in column headers, etc.
Morphy

Re: DVD Pedia: Freeze pane, checkbox and real "custom"

Post by Morphy »

There's Edit > Mark As > Seen Today (Shift-Command-T) and other Seen… variants with shortcuts.
This is the problem I am referring to. The "seen" info is based on dates and number of times. Not just plain: Have been seen (at all) / Have not been seen. But I figure I could use a custom for that.
Not sure I understand. Modified Custom field titles under Preferences > General appear with the custom titles under View > Columns, in column headers, etc.
Exactly what I was looking for. Just somehow missed it while looking. Thanks.