Smart collection to find movies on DVD and also on Blu-ray

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Smart collection to find movies on DVD and also on Blu-ray

Post by kbarnes70 »

Hi - anyone got any way of doing this: I have a lot of movies on DVD which I have also bought on HD DVD and Blu-ray. I have been trying to create a smart collection that will find movies that I have on DVD and also on Blu-ray and/or HD DVD but I can't find a way to do this. Anyone able to help? Thx.

Kind Regards,

Keith
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Smart collection to find movies on DVD and also on Blu-r

Post by adamhh »

Hi Keith

I'm not sure about the smart collection from your existing set up. However, I too own several media types of one film. To keep the collection neat(er) and avoid replication I list the title only once using the best/preferable media. Then in 'Tags' I list that its also on ... (I now use 'custom tag 1' in the beta). This would very easily Smart Collection-able.

[Sighs] I really should get rid of those laser discs! I just love them as objects, even though I've no player anymore.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Smart collection to find movies on DVD and also on Blu-r

Post by kbarnes70 »

adamhh wrote:Hi Keith

I'm not sure about the smart collection from your existing set up. However, I too own several media types of one film. To keep the collection neat(er) and avoid replication I list the title only once using the best/preferable media. Then in 'Tags' I list that its also on ... (I now use 'custom tag 1' in the beta). This would very easily Smart Collection-able.
Thanks for that - a good idea. Problem is, identifying which disks are on multiple media before I do it that way! :)
adamhh wrote: [Sighs] I really should get rid of those laser discs! I just love them as objects, even though I've no player anymore.
Oh yes... I feel the same about the vinyl collection I own. No turntable, but loads of albums :) One day, they will discover a cure for people like us...

Kind Regards,

Keith