Spotlight search

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Spotlight search

Post by hswt86 »

Up until a couple months ago I could search in Spotlight for a movie in my DVDPedia database and a file would come up that I could then use QuickLook to see all the info I had about that movie. Now when I do the same search a file comes up but when I use QuickLook the only info that shows is file size, date modified, a cryptic file name and, I'm assuming the file type, PediaItemDVD. Is this a change in how DVDPedia works or a change in the OS? I'm using the latest version of Snow Leopard.
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Spotlight search

Post by Rudy »

Same over here. It used to be my favorite search option.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The only thing we changed in the Spotlight search concerns users who purchased the programs through the App Store. With one of the previous updates (I believe it was 4.6.6) we had to disable the Spotlight search because our Spotlight data was saved to a folder that the App Store reviewers deemed non-approved. There was no quick fix for this and so we've disabled the Spotlight search for the time being until we can fix the problem.

However even if you use the App Store version of the Pedias the Spotlight search should still work for older entries (i.e. those entered into the programs before the update where we had to disable the feature). Are you both running the App Store version?
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

No, I'm not using the app store version. I bought this great app long before the app store came into play...
I did a re-index because I thought I lost my spotlight data so all my old entries are gone now.
I hope you will find a fix for this 'non-approved folder problem' because your spotlight search used to be a very useful and impressive function.
It is sadly missed.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It's only gone in the App Store version - the regular version still has the Spotlight search as usual. But we'll look into this.