Adding entries by keyword

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
George Taylor
Inductee
Inductee

Adding entries by keyword

Post by George Taylor »

I am using BookPedia version 4.6.8 on a Mac using OS X 10.6.8

When I add an entry for an old book, pre ISDN, say "The Book of Canoeing" - BookPedia comes up with 2676 entries, which I can click through one entry at a time.

Whatever old book I look for, your system usually comes up with a number of possibilities.

To make it easier to look through the possibilities, your help system helpfully suggests that I click on a button at the bottom right of the screen with an arrow pointing right - with what looks like a list symbol to the right of it. I am told I should be able to scroll through 10 entries at a time, which would be very helpful and save a lot of time.

When I click on this button absolutely nothing happens.

Your Help System offers me the following

"If there is more than one result for your search you will see the number of results displayed at the bottom of the Add window. To see the titles of the next results, click the little arrow in the lower right-hand corner of the Add window to slide out a drawer. Click on the titles to see the results. To move through the results quickly, use the 'Next 10' 'Previous 10' links at the bottom of the drawer. (Amazon only sends their data in packages of 10. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that.)"

Is the program at fault, or am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

Thanks

George Taylor
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Adding entries by keyword

Post by Nora »

That's strange that the little drawer doesn't open for you, even when you press the arrow button. (It usually happens automatically.) Could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from Bookpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

Also, to narrow down your search a bit, try adding some more keywords such as the author or publisher. So instead of searching for "The Book of Canoeing", enter "Book Canoeing Alec Ellis" and if your'e using Amazon US as your search site you'll get 7 results; much easier to manage. :)