Alternative to Amazon

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Alternative to Amazon

Post by adamhh »

Not sure if you're sill looking Alex. But the British Radio Times website has quite a good database for feature films: http://www.radiotimes.com/film/
jtkirk

Post by jtkirk »

I'm a Spanish user, and I seem rather "uncomfortable" not being able to access any database for dvd or blu ray movies bought in my country.
Now, and for some days, we have an amazon.es. Is it possible to have it built into the search engine and being able to catalogue movies bought within my country?
Is there another option?

Thank you.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

jtkirk:

Yes, we have had a very hard time finding any good, reliable databases that have data for products bought in Spain. The ones with good data don't have any APIs and the ones with APIs don't have good data...

Amazon.es was announced on September 15th, we will take a look at it to see if it offers the same APIs as the other Amazon sites (it should) and hopefully be able to create a plugin for it.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Amazon ES is not part of the API yet but once it becomes part of it, we'll add it to the Pedias. In the meantime, there are three Spanish search sites in DVDpedia for you to choose from: dvdgo, FilmAffinity and TerminalVideo.
jtkirk

Post by jtkirk »

Yes, I'm aware of those sites, but they don't seem to match any bar code number I enter....
It's a pity, because, although I've got many items bought in Amazon (UK or COM). I've got a fair number of Spanish BD and I have to enter the data manually, and it's somewat a time consuming job...

Greets.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I don't think any of those sites support search by UPC unfortunately. (And sorry, just realized TerminalVideo is actually in Italian, not Spanish.) But you can still do searches by title or keyword.