Gamepedia - More information pulled from mobygames?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Amano_Jyaku

Gamepedia - More information pulled from mobygames?

Post by Amano_Jyaku »

Hi,

I am currently testing out Gamepedia to see if it fit my needs. Since I am a collector with games ranging from the early 80s to today I am very delighted to see that Gamepedia has a mobygames plugin. My question is if is possible to pull even more information from that website. I am especially interested in the information contained in the credits field of mobygames because I would also be able to search for games with the same graphic designer, composer etc. Since the available information in the credits box fluctuates quite a bit, I can imagine it would be hard to pull every name into a separate database field. It would be sufficient for me if the whole text in the credits box could be pulled automatically into a separate field into Gamepedia so that I could search it.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Gamepedia - More information pulled from mobygames?

Post by Nora »

There isn't really a field in Gamepedia for the credit information at the moment (besides the big ones for Developer and Publisher). But thanks for the feedback. We might make this an option for the custom fields in the future that users can name their custom fields after certain fields from a search site (or for an import from another program) and Gamepedia will match those fields for information, similar to the IMDb options in place for DVDpedia.
Amano_Jyaku

Post by Amano_Jyaku »

Oh yes, this makes sense, custom field matching sounds like a great idea. Can't wait! :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you have Xcode installed and have Cocoa knowledge, let me know and I can provide you with the source code of the search plug-in so that you can develop your own version of the search plug-in to fit your needs.
Amano_Jyaku

Post by Amano_Jyaku »

I am afraid I am not a developer. But thanks for the offer, much appreciated.