my search plugin wasn't work in Bookpedia 5

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
djhan
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

my search plugin wasn't work in Bookpedia 5

Post by djhan »

Hello. I downloaded bookpedia 5 today.

I using aladdin search plugin for searching of korean book information.
(It was developed in http://nextcube.org/board/bbs.php3?boar ... =2381&fld= )

But bookpedia 5, this plugin wasn't work. Why? Did you remove plugin feature in 5?
Please give me answer. Thanks, good luck.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: my search plugin wasn't work in Bookpedia 5

Post by Nora »

The plug-ins still work but they need a slight tweak to be compatible with version 5. Are you the developer of the Aladdin plug-in? If so, you need to update the plug-in to add garbage collection support. The setting is in the build settings and needs to be switched to:

GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC = supported

In addition there are other improvements that can be included with plug-ins now such as search limiters (search by title, author, etc.) but this depends on the site and what it offers. If you're interested in updating the plug-in further, please let me know and I can send you more info about that.
djhan
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by djhan »

Yes, I was made a plugin for korean user :-)

I tried changing of build setting in Xcode 4.1&4.2
It was displayed build error while compiling. So I changed build phase. Compiling was succeeded, but I can't found build file.
I think old project file was problematic. But I'm not expert of development.

Do you prepare a new plugin sample file for Xcode 4.1 ?
Please help me. Thanks, good luck.

(In this time, I was rollback to bookpedia 4.7.x )
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Conor's uploaded a new sample plug-in so download that and check it out. If you haven't switched to Garbage Collection yet you can do that by selecting your main project and then under the Build Settings tab update the garbage collection settings to 'Supported'.

For the build file - on the left side of your Xcode window, in the source column where all your files appear, ctrl-click the Product and select 'Show in Finder' as shown in the screenshot.