New version dvdpedia no links to similar dvds?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
pjcrus

New version dvdpedia no links to similar dvds?

Post by pjcrus »

Recently upgraded to Dvdpedia5.0. I liked in the previous version where you had links to similar movies or other movies with the actor/s . It made it easy to add dvd to your library. Can you set that up with version 5.0

I have hesitated upgrading to bookpedia 5.0 as it has links to books by the same author and once again i liked this feature.
Orac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New version dvdpedia no links to similar dvds?

Post by Orac »

Version 5 of DVDPedia has several fields in a record with links to other records in your collection - Directors, Genre, Writers, Credits (ie. cast and crew) and additionally has a link to the IMDB entry on the internet if you click on the IMDB record number. This will be in your catalogue if you have sourced the data from IMDB. By clicking on names in these files DVDPedia will search for you and provide the results.

So it's already there without you having to set it up.

BookPedia has a similar links for author names to other entries by that author and several others too.

All the above are visible in the Details View of both 'Pedias. Click the i button in the toolbar to open a panel at the lower part of the window and this will show information about the single entry selected in List View (the left most of the three view options in the toolbar).
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@pjcrus - What Orac said about the links between entries and authors is true but you're referring to the Similar Products links sent from Amazon, correct? Those were recommendations from Amazon based on what other customers had bought who also purchased this product. Those are not included in the programs anymore. But thank you for the feedback.
pjcrus

Post by pjcrus »

Thanks Orac and Nora you have both answered the question. Yes i was referring to what Nora referred to. I will try using your suggestion Orac