Problems with update and database

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
skoterbay

Problems with update and database

Post by skoterbay »

First, I purchased Bookpedia in January, 2011, but it will still not update to version 5.0.

Second, and far more worrisome, is the fact that every time I go to add a second book to the database (after I have successfully added a first book) it stalls and gives me this message: "The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk." Then, it reloads, without having save the change of the second book (though it saved the first).

Help?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Problems with update and database

Post by Nora »

For the error message you receive, please send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data here. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.

As for the update - what part isn't working? Did you purchase the program through our website or the Mac App Store?
skoterbay

Post by skoterbay »

Nora wrote:For the error message you receive, please send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data here. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.

As for the update - what part isn't working? Did you purchase the program through our website or the Mac App Store?
Will do. And I purchased Bookpedia (which I love) through the App Store, and I use Snow Leopard. Who do I send the pediadata file to, or do I just post it here?

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Email us the file directly please. Our email is on the support page.

If you're on the App Store and it says "Version 4.9.3" that is in fact version 5 you have. It's a display problem from our side and will be fixed for the next version. I'm sorry for the confusion.