Bookpedia cover art mixed across multiple databases

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
eberly4
Inductee
Inductee

Bookpedia cover art mixed across multiple databases

Post by eberly4 »

When I imported books from my personal library (database #1), the application automatically fetched cover art from amazon.
Then I created database #2 for my 3rd grade classroom library by holding the option key on program start.

After importing some books into database #2 and quitting the program, I reopened database #1 only to find the cover art to all my titles had been exchanged for random art from database #2. My bible commentary on 2 Peter and Jude looks like "Racehorse in the Rain" :).

If I remove cover art and update from Amazon it puts the correct art back in, but I'm not sure if it will stay. Also not sure why it happened in the first place, or whether it will happen again.

Aaron
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia cover art mixed across multiple databases

Post by Nora »

Are your Bookpedia data bases in the same data folder? The Database.bookpd files need to be in separate folders, each with its own Covers folder. Otherwise they would share the same Covers folder, which sounds like the problem you're running into.