2011 iMac Facetime Issues

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
loudonisafool

2011 iMac Facetime Issues

Post by loudonisafool »

I've read a couple reports on camera scan issues with 2011 Macs and Facetime cameras (I have an iMac). Evidently the camera is too awesome to read bar codes. Is that an issue that is being worked on? While the scan works intermittently at the upper edge it's far too unreliable to use with any significant collection without resulting in rage and violence. Any information would be appreciated. I'd love to get to cataloging. Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: 2011 iMac Facetime Issues

Post by Nora »

It's awesome for video chatting, that's why it's so tricky to get right for barcode scanning. The focus is set to make a face look good, relatively far away from the screen. At that distance the barcode is much too small for the camera to read it. Up close, where it's big enough, it becomes too blurry. Finding a way to de-blur this is what we're working on.
loudonisafool

Re: 2011 iMac Facetime Issues

Post by loudonisafool »

Thanks. I still have my old mac set up so I guess I'll enter everything into that one and just transfer the information to the new computer.