Pocketpedia1, ~Pedias 5.0.1, and IOS 5.0.1

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Carabosse
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Pocketpedia1, ~Pedias 5.0.1, and IOS 5.0.1

Post by Carabosse »

When I upgraded all of my ~Pedia apps, syncing no longer worked and all the ~Pedia data was erased from my phone. For some reason, I was using Pocketpedia1 (with the pac-man logo), so I decided to experiment. Thanks to information found on a Bruji page discovered via Google, I was able to get my old Pocketpedia app working with the new ~Pedias and the latest iPhone OS. I wrote down everything as it happened, in hopes that this could work for someone else. I have no idea if this works with Pocketpedia2, though.

1) Open whichever ~Pedia app you want to sync.
2) Hold down the Option key and open the Help menu. This reveals the hidden Pocketpedia menu command. Select it.
3) In the dialog box that appears, check the box next to Old Connection, then select Import.
4) Initiate sync. It will now import data from the Pocketpedia app into a smart collection into your computer's app. Ignore that part, as you can always delete that later. The message box reads "Receiving Backup".
5) Once you've received the backup, sync again. Grant permission for your iPhone to sync with your ~Pedia app. Now your Pocketpedia will begin to sync normally. When it's done, Quit.

You should be able to sync normally from now on.
TanteSannie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pocketpedia1, ~Pedias 5.0.1, and IOS 5.0.1

Post by TanteSannie »

OMG... Thank you so much! I am very happy now to have my collection back on my iPhone. :)