Capitalization Problem with Bookpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Hap
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Capitalization Problem with Bookpedia

Post by Hap »

Many (but not all) times when I add a book through Amazon for someone like Anne McCaffrey, the capitalization of the last name comes through wrong (Mccaffrey instead of McCaffrey). When I try to edit the field (either in the edit window or in the list window, Bookpedia will not let me change the capitalization, even if I have the Caps Lock down, it will automatically complete the name with a lower case. If I go back and try and change just that letter to a capital letter, it will insert the remainder of the name (with a lower case "C") in the middle of the name. The only way to fix this is to type the name correctly in an external program and paste is into the author field (of if the name is already entered correctly for another book, copy it from that book).

This is a real aggravation for trying to correct entries - especially with author names starting with Mc....
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Capitalization Problem with Bookpedia

Post by Nora »

The best thing to do in this situation is to fix the problem directly in the autofill list so that the faulty name is taken out of database as well. You'll find the autofill lists in the Preferences/Autofill. Select 'Author' from the drop down menu and edit the "Anne Mccaffrey" entry to "Anne McCaffrey". That way you have the name fixed for the future as well.