[Dp 5.0] commas in Autofill values

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[Dp 5.0] commas in Autofill values

Post by sjk »

I originally mentioned this in another post:
One advantage is multi-valued Genre fields that used to be treated like a single comma separated value are now split into individual values. For example, "Comedy, Drama, Romance" becomes "Comedy" "Drama" "Romance". However, it might be a bug that Preferences > Autofill > Genre still displays it as the former until a Rebuild is done that splits it into separate values. It's similar with some of the other fields, too.
Here's a specific example with multiple Director values:

When adding Bolt from IMDb it initially displays "Christopher Williams, Byron Howard" under Preferences > Autofill > Director. After a Rebuild it's split into separate "Christopher Williams" and "Byron Howard" values.

I doubt that's the intended behavior, based on how a manual Rebuild rewrites the values in a preferred format. If a manual rebuild of Autofill values will continue to be required to fix those values a "Rebuild All" option even more useful.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: [Dp 5.0] commas in Autofill values

Post by sjk »

This bug/annoyance still exists in DVDpedia 5.0.2 and beta build 13.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for reminding me, I overlooked it in all the other work I was doing. Fixed in beta 15 now up.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks for fixing this, Conor. I'll confirm it by checking for unintended commas in Autofill values again after I've added more entries.